Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running Diary...First Half Boston Vs Los Angeles

So I was going to do a running diary of the Lakers Celtics for the whole game. I only made it through half. The second half was mainly me and my dad yelling at the TV, and in the process chasing my mom out of the house and driving my dog nuts. But I figured I'd share what I had anyway. By the way, the Celtics won 109-96, easily outclassing the Lakers in the 4th quarter. Fun game to watch.

PRE GAME
It's currently 2:00, watching ABC's NBA showcase, Thunder vs Heat. Very evenly matched opponents. Unfortunately, I don't care. Like, at all, mainly thanks to this preview here of the Celtics/Lakers game later today. Even Celtics fans don't like the chances of todays game. Oh boy.

Also, the montage count of the Lakers/Celtics Game 7 last year is out of control. I don't know what I expected. But this is very unpleasant. I literally can't watch. See my last post for the gory details.

FIRST QUARTER
12:00- Thanks ABC, I was really hoping to miss the first part of the game thanks to the Miami/OKC game. SCREW ONE POINT FINISHES TO INSTANT CLASSICS. I need someone to blame here.

9:49- Well, here we are. 6-4 Celtics lead early on.

6:15- Another montage of Game 7 in a successful attempt to get every Celtics fan to kill themselves. Then Mark Jackson rubbing it in. "The Celtics blew the game after a 13 point lead." Thanks Mark. Pass the draino.

6:05- Pierce is feeling it early, a couple of nice jumpers.

4:50- It looks like LA forgot that Garnett is better this year, as he goes in for an easy swooping layup without anyone standing in his way.

4:30- Artest running the offense for LA is such a beautiful sound for me. Brick. Brick. Airball. Thanks Ron. You are quickly becoming my favorite Laker.

2:48- Kendrick Perkins with a nice reverse layup. Great to see him back.

1:41- I love when I'm smarter than the announcers, who just said Rondo had taken two jumpers. It was actually three. See? You knew you'd be glad to read this later.

0:00- The Lakers end the quarter on an 11-4 run. Not what I like to see from Boston's bench.

0:00- Thanks, Just Go With It, I was really hoping for more Game 7 highlights. Fuck you.

0:00- Seriously, are we that desperate for tearjerkers that we need a show like "Secret Millionaires"?

0:00- The real reason I like quarter breaks in the NBA...it gives me time to cool down and feel a tiny bit less hatred for the other team. When that quarter ended I wanted to kill every single person in Los Angeles.

SECOND QUARTER

11:43- Why couldn't Garnett have hit Odom in the balls? That would have been nice.

11:30- Nate Robinson WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T TAKE THAT THREE...never mind. Nice shot Nate...

10:25- Nate Robinson WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T TAKE THAT JUMPER...never mind. Nice shot, Nate...

9:26- Shameless plug for Mark Jackson's son "playing at Louisville, taking the same kind of shot as Ray Allen". PLEASE, SOMEONE IN THE NBA, DRAFT MY SON!

8:42- Baby Davis with the second, third and fourth efforts, before getting a great layup. No matter how ugly he looks making plays, he still makes the plays. Impressive. Celtics back up by 9, 36-27.

8:42- My claustrophobic dad is currently squirming at the idea of watching the movie Sanctum, a movie about cave divers getting stuck in a flooding cave. Now just imagine it in 3-D.

6:47- Ray Allen's release on a three was .73 seconds. Apparently that is fast. Allen's release seems faster than that.

6:28- Garnett bleeding all over his face doesn't constitute a foul, apparently, despite Gasol's obvious elbow. DON'T TELL ME IT WAS INADVERTENT, I EXPECT TO SEE BLOOD FOR BLOOD! Eh? A little pun there for ya? K. Never mind. Back to the game.

6:28- Screw you Zach Efron, and screw you George Lopez. Leave the celebrity Laker fandom to Jack Nicholson. At least he gives a damn about basketball. Matt Damon needs to beat him down. Wouldn't you pay to see that fight?

6:00- According to Chris Forsberg, Celtics blogger attending the game, Garnett is likely to need stitches for the gash that Gasol opened on his head. Glad to see Joey Crawford doin' work as a blind referee. Thanks Joey.

6:00- Jimmy Kimmel can't be a Laker fan...Bill Simmons wrote for him. Come on Jimmy.

5:35- Kobe continues to shoot contested J's. I don't mind him taking those. He's the best in the NBA at 18 foot, contested jumpshots...but it's still a bad shot.

5:00- Nice bandaid, KG. It looks like an out of control birthmark. You are cancerous to your league and to your team! Well, not actually, at all. But I couldn't resist.

4:26- You anger Garnet...Garnett make you pay! Jumper to put the C's back up by 6, 42-36.

3:58- Rondo just allowed Derek Fisher to blow by him for an and 1 layup. Rondo, the man is like 57 years old. Come on.

3:23- I enjoyed Mark Jackson's description of Kobe's pushoff to get an open shot as "eliminating Rondo." Fair enough, Mark.

2:41- The Lakers are on a 13-4 run in the last little while, putting them up by 2, 44-42. Boston's big men aren't boxing out. And yet Boston is out rebounding LA 21-14? This makes no sense.

0:42- Boston is not going to win this game.

0.7- Lamar Odom repays the horrible foul by Marquis Daniels by fouling Baby Davis on a halfcourt attempt.

Halftime- Hey, good thing Kobe's kids and wife were there to kiss him on his way to the locker room. They must have forgotten about his rape charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment